Home-School PE Program
SVAC now offers Home-School PE classes especially geared towards Home-Schooled children. Keep your children physically active, safe and having fun, through our lively and fun gym classes and Playcare area.
Choose From 2 Available Programs!
Thursday afternoons beginning September 14th, 2017
Home-School PE (7 - 12 yrs) 1 Hour - This 1 Hour PE program will include 60 minutes of structured activities in our air conditioned studio. Areas of focus will be:
1. Fundamental movement skills and physical literacy. These skills will transfer to various sports and other activities required for active living.
2. To have participants feel comfortable and confident moving through space in their bodies.
3. Participation in competitive and team activities.
Home-School PE (7 - 12 yrs) 2 Hours - This 2 Hour program will include the above 60 minute PE program followed by 60 minutes supervised free-play time in our Playcare Area (includes bouldering wall, air trampoline, slides and tunnels, etc)
It is important that all Parents understand the conditions of the Home-School PE Program at Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club (SVAC):
• Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
• Each child should bring a water bottle, socks and running shoes.
• You must pre-register and pay prior to attending the class. Non registered siblings are welcome to use Playcare, however require a Playcare Pass to be purchased.
• Every parent must complete a SVAC Guest Form, per child, which the facility will keep on file.
• This is an un-parented activity; however, parents must stay on site or have provided temporary guardianship to another parent. If you are leaving the facility, please be sure to indicate which parent is obtaining guardianship responsibilities, on the Sign-In Sheet (located at the front desk).
• Parents are asked not to remain in the Playcare Area. You are welcome to relax in our Member Lounge and enjoy Complimentary WiFi. Please also feel free to purchase a Guest Pass and enjoy a workout.
• Parents must be respectful of Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club Members and Club etiquette / expectations, namely:
- Unless you’ve purchased a Guest Pass, please pay for any coffee / tea at the front desk
- Please consume any food in the lounge, not in Playcare or in the studios
- Wet or dirty shoes can be left at the front entrance
- Feel free to purchase any café or vending machine items at the front desk
• SVAC requires a minimum of 10 participants in order for the Program to run. The Registration Deadline will be Thursday, September 7th. The Fall Program will begin Thursday, September 14th.
• Program fees are non-refundable.