Homeschool PE Program
SVAC now offers Homeschool PE classes especially geared towards Homeschooled children. We offer a number of options to keep your children physically active, safe and having fun, through our lively and fun gym classes and Playcare area.
Choose From 2 Available Programs!
Homeschool PE (5 - 12yrs) 1 Hour - This 1 Hour PE program will include approximately 40 minutes structured activities in the studio and 20 minutes free-play time in the Playcare Area.
Homeschool PE (5 - 12yrs) 2 Hours - This 2 Hour program will include approximately 60 minutes structured activities in the studio, followed by 60 minutes supervised free-play time in the Playcare Area (includes bouldering wall, air trampoline, ball pit etc.).
The studio focus will be on: 1. Fundamental Movement skills and physical literacy. These skills will transfer to various sports and other activities required for active living. 2. To have participants feel comfortable and confident moving through space in their bodies. 3. Participation with some competition and some team work.
It is important that all Parents understand the conditions of the Homeschool PE Program at Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club (SVAC):
• Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class.
• Each child should bring a water bottle, socks and running shoes.
• Children MUST be 5 years old and currently in Kindergarten to participate.
• You must pre-register and pay prior to attending the class. Little siblings require a Playcare Pass to be purchased prior to admitting them into Playcare.
• Every parent must complete a SVAC Guest Form, per child, which the facility will keep on file.
• This is an un-parented activity; however, parents must stay on site or have provided temporary guardianship to another parent. If you are leaving the facility, please be sure to indicate which parent is obtaining guardianship responsibilities, on the Sign-In Sheet (located at the front desk).
• Please refrain from staying in the Playcare Area. You are welcome to relax in our member Lounge and enjoy Complimentary WiFi. Please also feel free to purchase a Guest Pass and enjoy a workout.
• Parents must be respectful of Sturgeon Valley Athletic Club Members and Club etiquette / expectations, namely:
- Unless you’ve purchased a Guest Pass, please pay for any coffee / tea at the front desk
- Please consume any food in the lounge, not in Playcare or in the studios
- Wet or dirty shoes can be left at the front entrance
- Feel free to purchase any café or vending machine items at the front desk
• SVAC requires a minimum of 10 participants in order for the Program to run. The Registration Deadline will be Monday, January 10th. The Fall Program will begin Tuesday, January 17th.
• Program fees are non-refundable.