What is the Fitmate?
1. Submaximal VO2
—Submaximal VO2 - Accurate way to predict VO2 max without going to exhaustion
Consists of 12-15 minutes of exercise performance on a bike or treadmill breathing in a comfortable mask until 85% of maximal effort is achieved.
Please abide by the following instructions prior to your Submaximal VO2 assessment:
1. Wear clothes appropriate for exercise (ie. shorts, t-shirt and running shoes).
2. Do not smoke or drink caffeinated liquids (i.e. coffee, tea, cola or chocolate) within 2 hours of your appointment.
3. Do not drink alcohol (ie. beer, wine or liquor) within 6 hours of your appointment.
4. Do not engage in strenuous exercise within 6 hours of your appointment.
A Consent Form is also provided and must be signed and witnessed prior to beginning the assessment.
2. Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)
Consists of 15 minutes breathing normally sitting in a comfortable chair.
Please abide by the following instructions prior to your RMR assessment:
1. Do not eat or drink anything other than water for at least 4 hours prior to the measurement.
2. Do not smoke, use nicotine, consume caffeine, nutritional supplements, drugs containing ephedra or pseudoephedrine for at least 4 hours prior to the measurement.
3. Do not exercise (aerobic or strength training) for at least 8 hours before your scheduled appointment.
Takes the guesswork out of weight loss!
—You then use this data to create a weight loss program specific to YOU!
* 2 Test package = 3 month expiry (same person)
* 3 and 4 Test packages = Must include at least 2 different tests and tests must be completed within 6 months (same person)
See also our Body Composition testing with the gold standard "Bod Pod"