Club Members & Guests are required to respect the following guidelines.
- Wear appropriate attire and dry, clean footwear at all times. No sandals, cut off denim shorts or bikini tops.
- Ask SVAC personnel for assistance when using an unfamiliar machine or when performing a new exercise.
- Exercise at your own fitness level.
- Use of collars on free weight weights is mandatory.
- ALWAYS use a spotter when performing maximum lifts.
- Children under 14 are prohibited from using the weight machines / free weights, and those under 10 are not permitted in the fitness area. All members under the age of 18 are required to complete a complimentary Equipment Orientation.
- Refrain from resting and socializing on weight machines and/or benches.
- Be considerate and allow others to "work in" with you on machines between sets. If "super setting" between two pieces of equipment, it may be unrealistic to expect exclusive use of two machines at once.
- Avoid banging weights stacks and dropping free weights on the floor. All equipment must be returned to the appropriate storage rack after use.
- As a courtesy to other Club Members, please monitor your language, voice levels and personal hygiene.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume and heavy scents while exercising. Other Club Members may have allergies.
- Refer incidents of inappropriate behaviour or language to the Shift Supervisor.
- Use the spray bottles and wipe towels provided to wipe down equipment after you have finished using it.
- Discard gum, wrappers and water cups in the garage bins provided.
- Return workout towels to the laundry baskets.